Why I wonder has Manuel Cortes of the TSSA been pushing so hard to have Jackie Walker removed as Vice Chair of Momentum. It would seem that it is related to his close personal connections with First Group, the employer that his union negotiates with. In other words some form of sweet-heart relationship between him and First Group.
Judge for yourself this interesting article from the much about labour blog about why Manuel Cortes, President of TSSA is so keen to remove the Black-Jewish Vice Chair of Momentum, Jackie Walker, from her position.
Call for Manuel Cortez to Explain his links with Mike Katz of the Jewish Labour Movement and First Group
Jackie Walker has been suspended from Labour according to news articles over comments made in a training event run by (amongst others) Mike Katz.
Manuel Cortes the GenSec of TSSA (Travel workers union) has spoken out against her.
Manuel of TSSA represents workers in discussions with First Group.
Mike Katz (Vice Chair of the Zionist Labour Movement) works as PR for First Group.
Mike Katz previously worked for TSSA.
Manuel Cortes of TSSA could reasonably be asked several questions:
- Has he ever met or had communication with Mike Katz.
- Has Mike Katz had any influence on Manuel in his stance on Jackie Walker.
- Has Manuel consulted anyone within TSSA on his stance on Jackie Walker.
- Has Manuel asked his staff whether they were aware HMD marks many Genocides.
- What objection has Manuel got for Jackie Walker asking during the training event the scope and publicity of HMD
- Does Manuel think training events should be filmed without participants permission.
- Does Manuel think there can be false accusations made against people for political purposes.
- Would Manuel take a private sector senior position in a Transport company that TSSA workers worked in if offered if he leaves TSSA
- Does Manuel think natural justice means that statements made against an accused by a senior person is prejudicial to a fair hearing.
- Does Manuel accept that Jackie Walker has been a tireless anti racism campaigner
It would be great if Manuel Cortes could make a public statement on these questions so we can have answers.